The Singapore Changi airport or simply Changi airport is considered to be the world’s greatest airport. The airport is at a distance of 17.2 km to the North-eastern part from the Changi Commercial center and it is extended to an area of 13 Sq. km
The entire airport is filled with dazzling tropical plants, stress-relieving recliners and it provides an easy rail connection to the city center. The Changi airport currently has three terminals that accommodate passengers up to 66 million per year. The Changi airport group has crafted new plans to construct a New terminal 5 that can accommodate around 132 million passengers, double the total capacity of 3 existing terminals.
To make Singapore a global aviation hub, the Changi group has undertaken an infrastructure project named ‘Project Jewel’. This new building built at the car side of Terminal 1 will enhance the Singapore’s tourism market and makes Changi airport a global iconic attraction among the international travelers commuting to Singapore.
Few interesting facts – Changi airport:
- Every week, nearly 6,200 flights arrive and depart from the Changi airport.
- Over 10,000 baggage trolleys are provided by the airport authorities for passengers to carry their luggage to the respective terminals.
- This airport offers air bus services to more than 240 cities of 60 different countries.
- In 2012, the number of passengers arriving and departing from Changi airport was 136,738 per day.
- In 2012, nearly 51.2 million passengers have traveled to their desired destinations from Changi airport.