Across the world, approximately 400 million people communicate in English and it’s the 3rd most preferred communication language after Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. In current technology world, English is the most spoken language and individuals willing to learn either any programming language or any science subject must learn English for sure.
English is the only language that has vocabulary of about 800,000 words and we use most of the words while speaking and writing in all contexts. The advantage of English language over other languages is its wide range of vocabulary; mostly people use caring words while speaking to their dearest ones, formal words while dealing with bosses and other higher officials at workplace or company.
Have you ever imagined how difficult it would be communicate without words and it’s quite surprising that every day nearly 14 new words are getting added to the existing English vocabulary.
Few interesting facts about English Language:
- Racecar, kayak and level are three English words that will spell same even if you read it from either right to left direction or left to right direction.
- On the globe, there are 41,806 languages apart from English that are used for communication purpose.
- Though English is spoken universally, but still in Illinois, it is considered illegal to convey anything in English.
- Unlike other words in English, there are no rhyming words for month, silver and purple words.
- Any word in English would include a vowel, but rhythm is the only longest word that doesn't have at least one vowel.