A transportation investment change communities and lives, but up coming with funding is not easy. Check out a few of the different kinds of transportation grants and loans available to local governments.
Among funding opportunities for enhancing and upgrading multimodal systems and services for people and goods. The FAST Act authorizes new grants, combinations of programs and continuous of grants at different funding levels.
- Bus and Bus facilities - $1.5 billion over 5 years. For replacing , rehabilitating, purchasing or leasing buses and related equipment.
- 3 Rail Development grant programs - $2.2 billion over 5 years – For consolidated rail infrastructure and safety improvements restoration and enhancement.
- National highway Flight Programs - $1.2 billion per year – Includes apportionment to states by formula for construction, operational movements and performance measures.
- Fast Lane Competitive grants - $900 million per year – For nationally and regionally significant freight and high way projects focused on ensuring the safe, efficient and reliable movement of freight.
- Transit oriented development - $10million per year – For enhancing economic development, ridership and improving multimodal connectivity and accessibility, it must include private sector participation.
- Transportation alternatives programs - $850 million per year – For smaller scale transportation projects including pedestrian bicycling and environmental projects.
Transportation infrastructure finance and Innovation Act – For projects $100 million or less secured and payable from pledged revenues not affected by project performance and repayment begins within five years. These loans are available in the form of secured loans, loan guarantees, and lines of credit.
Rail road rehabilitation and improvement financing - $35 million in direct loans and loan guarantees - Applicable to low-interest rates, flexible repayment terms.