Class G licence:
A Class G Licence is a document that certifies you to be qualified for driving any kind of vehicle.
Criteria for a Class G Licence:
● Must be 16 years old.
● The vision standards established by the ministry of transportation must be met.
● Knowledge test regarding roads and sign must be passed.
● To become fully licensed pass 2 road tests classes G2 and G.
Obtaining a Class G Licence:
1. Prepare for the knowledge test.
2. Give an application for a license at the Drive test center.
3. Give the vision test at the center.
4. Complete the procedure of payment.
5. Pass the knowledge test.
6. Get a temporary driving license.
7. With your G1 license practice driving with a fully licensed driver.
8. After 8-12 months of G1 license book a road test and take a G2 class road test.
9. Practice driving with a G2 road test.
10. Finally, book a road test to take your class G road test.
● A vision test is a matter of minutes.- If needed corrective lenses can be taken.
● Fees can be paid in all modes.
● A temporary license is valid for 90 days.
● 30 minutes is the duration for a knowledge test.
Having a G1 licence:
● Blood alcohol level should be 0.
● All of your passengers must wear a seatbelt.
● No driving between midnight and 5 am.
● No driving on 400 series or high-speed expressways.
● Accompanying driver must be fully licensed with 4 years of experience and less than 0.5 blood alcohol level.
( If this person is less than 21 blood alcohol level must be 0).
This infographic by apnatoronto illustrates the process for obtaining a full class G License.