According to the research the American psychological association says money continues to be the leading cause of stress for adults.
- 36% in low income households report feeling stressed all or most of the time about money.
- 72% feel stressed about money at least some of the time.
- 48% say stress has a negative impact on both their personal and professional lives.
Instant Stress Relievers
- Focus on breathing – taking deep breath and even breaths when you feel has been proven to lower levels which can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Pick a yoga pose – Studies show that child pose and downward dog in combination with pranayama can calm your brain and release physical tension.
- Try progressive relaxation – Tense and release each muscle group in your body starting from toes and working all the way up to your head.
- Exercise – Physical activity stimulates the production of endorphins, so try fitting two to three 10 minutes walk into your day.
- Colour it in – Try your hand at one of the many adult colouring books now a=in the market the focus you will place on colouring allows your brain to switch off from another thoughts.
- Closing your eyes – Closing your eyes for a short period of time aids in reduction of cortical which ultimately results in reduction in body’s stress levels.
- Wake up earlier – Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier than necessary and enjoy the extra time lying in bed to focus your mind and wake up gradually
- Offer someone a hug – Research has shown that hugging may actually blood pressure and stress levels in adults.