YouTube, a popular video streaming service acquired by Google in February 2005. It is the most acclaimed video streaming website over the internet and with its monthly active visitors of 1 billion it has dominated the complete online video streaming sites like Vimeo etc.
Due to its massive influence on internet, several startups irrespective of the size have started using it as an effective marketing tool to promote their products and create brand awareness among the internet users.
To define its popularity in numbers, here is an amazing infographic that lists out few interesting statistics about YouTube.
Every 1 out 2 internet users will visit the YouTube to stream videos.
Every month, a total of 6 billion hours of videos are watched by its users from different countries.
In a minute, YouTube users upload more than 100 hours of videos to the site.
Of the total traffic generated by YouTube, 30% comes from United States and the remaining 70% traffic is driven from other popular countries.
This stunning video streaming service is localized in more than 53 countries and it is available in 61 languages.
If YouTube user base is considered to be a country, then would be the 3rd largest country after the most populous countries China and India.