South Carolina Car Crash Statistics
A car accident lawsuit can ask a court for compensation for your medical bills, repair bills, missed work and any other financial costs that the accident caused, as well as for pain and suffering, permanent disability and other non-economic losses.
In some cases, our accident lawyers may also be able to collect further money, called “punitive damages,” to punish a person or corporation for a particular serious harm. Even if you think you may bear some fault for your injuries, the chances are good that you can still collect damages. That’s because South Carolina uses comparative negligence that allows motorists to recover a percentage of their damages even if they were partially at fault.
On average in South Carolina:
- A person is killed in a vehicle crash every 9 hours.
- A traffic collision occurs every 4 minutes.
- Someone is injured in a vehicle crash every 9 minutes.
The top 6 contributing factors to South Carolina vehicle collisions:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to yield right of way
- Disregarding traffic signs or signals
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Driver inattention or distraction
To learn more, visit the Louthian Law Firm.