Unless you are the 45th president of the United States of America, you might be aware the climate change is real and its negative impacts are already visible with huge chunks of glaciers coming down crashing,insects becoming extinct and the threat of new diseases rising with each passing day.
What you might not be aware of is that slight changes in our lifestyle can have a much bigger collective impact on the climate and might help fix to some extent. So here are a few simple tips to make your life more energy efficient and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Wear the right clothes for the corresponding weather. If it is hot,wear loose cotton clothes and if it is cold outside,then layer up. You will need to use that fan/heater much lesser.
- Turn off heaters and coolers off when you don’t need them. The same goes for lights as well
- Wash clothes using cold water
- Insulate your roof.That will help to maintain the room temperature
- Stop any kind of standby power waste. Unplug your charger from the socket after you are done charging your phone,remove the TV plug when it is not being used.
- Save energy in your kitchen by allowing frozen food to come to room temperature before cooking them and leaving the lid on while boiling anything.
- Use energy efficient LED bulbs that cost lesser and are there to stay for almost a lifetime