Environmentalists have found in studies that some smells are very effective on cockroaches and you will never find cockroaches nearby those smells. Cockroaches are highly durable to hunger, they can stay without food for long time, but they require water for survival. Kitchens, toilets, are the breeding places for cockroaches.
Therefore, environmentalists do caution to keep your surroundings clean and dry. Pick it as a word of caution, always keep your washing stand dry, keep food covered in fridge, fill in the holes and cracks in the wall.
How can a homemaker get rid of cockroaches with smell? The infographic is an extract from the piktochart that gives us a meaningful ways to keep off cockroaches effectively. Experts say that you can drive away cockroaches in a most natural way. You can make use of smell, repellents, plants, oils, etc. and a huge list of items is mentioned here.
Materials That Keeps away Cockroaches
- Paint smell can keep cockroaches away.
- Naphthalene balls can keep away little critters from your home.
- Ammonia smell can keep cockroaches away from home.
- A mixture of powdered sugar and baking powder can kill these insects.
- Drip few drops of clove oil on the corners of home, it will send cockroaches out of your home.
- Oil extracts from Peppermint, sage, and angelica plants can help you get rid of cockroaches.
- Crushed garlic or garlic powder can drive away cockroaches.
- Spray lemon or orange juice to get rid of cockroaches.
- Borax kills insects but it is harmful for pets and child.