Americans have fallen behind in the higher education system and the current administration has failed to support the low-income groups. Urban students struggle to complete their education on time because they do lack basic amenities such as food, shelter, and proper clothing.
The entire info graphics do speak about the sorry state of affairs that are prevailing in the US urban cities. If you are one among the urban class, low-income group students are unable to get the basic amenities and these problems are discussed in a reverse chronological order. The info graphics concludes with a list of solutions that can be beneficial to the students of the low income urban class living.
Startling Information of low income Urban Class in USA
- 8 out of 10 of the Universities enrolling the highest percentages of low-income students
- Only 1 in 10 people from low-income families go for higher education
- By 2020, 65 percent of jobs will need postsecondary education and training beyond high school.
- 78 percent of low-income youth fail to complete a college preparatory curriculum in high school.
Urban higher education ecosystem would offer to improve the low-income urban students by creating few avenues.
- Creating a guided pathways, and comprehensive career and academic advising at all levels.
- In the higher education system, will be a creation of ample on campus work opportunities, and focus on the student success.
- Government will formulate resources, policies, and provision of flexible financial aid.
- Reduce fares for students in public transportation.
- Philantropy – Creation of community agenda, and repurpose scholarship programs for better reach and impact.
- Low-income students can benefit by the involvement of social service non-profits, educational nonprofits, and business community.