Media has a lot of impact on building beliefs related to nutrition and fitness. The need for quicker solutions often lead people into not trying to find out the actual truth about living healthy lifestyle. This infographic presents the top ten misconceptions that people have regarding exercise and fitness.
1. Cardio machine counts your calories
Age, fitness, BMI and sex help in determining the calories that you burn.
2. Heart rate monitors tell the intensity of your workout
It sometimes depends on the type of exercise you do.
3. Major concern is your weight
Weight does not depend or determine your fitness level.
4. Low intensity workout burns more fat
Your chances of burning fat and calories increase with higher intensity exercises.
5. Take protein shakes after workout
Protein shakes are not so effective as other foods.
6. Spot reduction works for abs
It is not as effective as working out the entire body.
7. Eat anything as you burn
Your diet should be a combination of fats, proteins and carbs.
8. Cardio alone aids weight loss
Cardio has many advantages but it should not be overdone.
9. Early morning cardio on empty stomach burns fat
Balanced breakfast provides energy to work out longer than exercising on empty stomach.
10. Drinking cold water burns fat
There is no proven fact about this.