The human body is complex and also very interesting to learn about. The following are a few interesting details about a Human body.
Everybody’s got a body
- The average American eats 14820 pounds of meat in their lifetime.
- Everybody’s tongue print is unique.
- Our brains can remember over 50000 different scents.
- Blood pressure tends to rise on Monday Mornings.
- A human thighbone is stronger than concrete.
The Human Body facts
- 80% of the brain is water.
- The brain alone uses 20% of the oxygen that enters the bloodstream.
- The acid in a stomach is strong enough to dissolve a razorblade.
- The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court.
More Human body facts
- A pair of feet has 500000 sweat glands.
- A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball.
- There are over 650 muscles in the body.
- The average human sheds over 40 lbs of skin in a lifetime.
Between January 2012 and February 2012, 4494 organ transplants took place whereas the number of waiting list candidates is more than 114300 and this figure is increasing by the day.
The 10 greatest medical inventions in the last 50 years
The 10 greatest medical inventions in the last 50 years are:
- Active bionic prosthesis
- Health IT
- Molecular breast imaging
- Modern telehealth
- Highly active anti-retro viral therapy
- Functional magnetic resonance therapy
- Minimally invasive robotic surgeries
- Laser surgeries
- The artificial heart
- Magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography(CT)
Body hacks for a longer life
The five body hacks for a longer life are:
- Stop smoking
- Controlling blood pressure
- Working out
- The right diet
- Intellectual health
The human body
10% of our body is made up of hydrogen while 18% of it is carbon. Oxygen in our body is 65% of mass and nitrogen and phosphorus contribute to 3% and 1.2% respectively. Other elements like sulphur, chlorine, copper, iodine, zinc, iron, sodium and potassium etc are present in amounts less than a percent.
What laughter can do for you?
Laughter makes you more open minded, improves memory and improves the quality of sleep. It can reduce depression and anxiety and also protects heart against attacks. Laughter relieves the tension in the muscles and also raises the pain tolerance.
Hunger strike effects on the human body
The risks to health increase sharply for hunger strikes that last for more than 21 days. Some of the correct ways to end a hunger strike are:
- Food should be taken 6 times a day
- Every meal should start with the intake of a fruit juice
- No more than 240 ml of food must be eaten at once
- Porridge and pureed soups can gradually be introduced into the diet
Alcoholism: cause and effect
Some effects of alcoholism are given as follows:
- Prospective memory is impaired
- Sleep cycle is disrupted
- Brain shrinks in physical size
- Heart failure can be caused