This simple, neat infographic shows some of the most visited countries in the world, as of 2022:
* France: visited 90 million times. The city of light, France has stunning architecture, the Louvre museum and the Eiffel Tower. As well as an abundance of culture, it is romantic and peaceful, with the option of sitting at a café terrace and passing away the day people watching. There’s also Disneyland, a beautiful combination of sea, mountains and sun, and delicious food and drink.
* Spain: visited 83.7 million times. The gorgeous cities of Madrid and Barcelona are world-renowned for their culture, excellent museums, the stunning arts, delicious food, and impressive shopping.
* USA: visited 83.7 million times. Embrace yourself in the US culture, see the landmarks and enjoy the extensive range of entertainment venues.
* China: visited 65.7 million times. Home to some of the most ancient treasures the world has to offer including the Great Wall of China, temples, giant Buddhas, temples and even buried armies.
* Italy: visited 64.5 million times. There are lots of reasons to visit Italy, including the culture, cuisine, history and architecture, fashion and art, religious sites, underwater sites, naturalistic beauties, nightlife, and even spas.
* Turkey: visited 51.2 million times. Turkey has a fantastic history, beautiful scenery, gorgeous architecture and even great shopping.
* Mexico: visited 45.0 million times. There’s something for everyone in Mexico, from gorgeous beaches, to a fascinating culture, to mouth-watering cuisine.
* Thailand: visited 39.8 million times. A tropical beauty with a vibrant nightlife and exquisite temples and architecture.
* Germany: visited 39.6 million times. Old meets new in Germany with its most urban cities and charming towns, with lots of food and drink options. Germany is one of the cheaper places to visit.
* UK: visited 39.4 million times. With iconic landmarks, a rich culture, international festivals and events and lots of entertainment venues, there’s so much to do in the UK.
Now you know the most visited countries in the world, but which are you going to choose? To help you decide, think about what kind of holiday you want and what you would like to do.
When you go on holiday there is so much to think about and plan for! Where are you going to go? When are you going to go? How are you going to travel there? How will you get to and from the airport?
Other things to consider are the cost of the holiday and the spending money you’ll need (some countries are more expensive than others) and you will also want to think about travelling time. Especially if you are travelling with young passengers, or passengers who suffer with their help, travel sickness or anxiety over travelling.
To get the most out of your holiday you need to think about all of these things in advance. Making plans like this will not only help your holiday to go much smoother, but it can also save you money.