Around 4,000 people are killed in crashes involving large trucks every year in the United States. Learn more about common causes of truck accidents and statistics surrounding truck accidents in our infographic and check out some stats below.
Did you truck crashes are more likely to occur during daylight hours?
- Large trucks can weigh 20 to 30 times more than a passenger vehicle and take 20 to 40 percent longer to come to a complete stop.
- 70% of truck wreck fatalities were occupants of the smaller vehicle.
- 60% of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on rural roads.
- 80% of large truck crashes occurred on weekdays.
- Federal law states that truck drivers can drive up to 11 hours in one stretch and 77 hours in a seven-day period, though surveys suggest that many drivers exceed that threshold.
If you have a truck accident claims, contact the attorneys at Terry Bryant for a case consultation.