There is more to being YouTube creators than simply filming, editing, and hitting publish. If creators want their content seen, they need to market their YouTube videos on social media. Right now, there are 5 social media platforms that are dominating the space: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Snapchat.
If you are a YouTube creator, then you will need to understand which platform your audience is spending the majority of their time; become familiar with the etiquette of posting, commenting and sharing; and create complimentary content that guides them to your video to watch.
In this infographic by Filmora.io, you will be able to see what to do to attract an audience and what to avoid. By knowing the Dos and Don’ts of other social media platforms, creators can increase the chances of video discovery without spamming and upsetting those that use the platforms regularly.
- Instagram has approximately 800 million monthly active users.
- Facebook has over 2.1 billion monthly active users.
- Twitter has approximately 330 million monthly active users.
- Reddit has approximately 330 million monthly active users.
- Snapchat has approximately 200 million monthly active users.