Do you feel like you’re missing energy and struggling through the day? One of the easiest ways of improving your health is good quality sleep. Improving your sleeping habit will not only improve your mood but you will also have more energy and just generally feel better.
Here is the 6 tips highlight the important habits which will help you enjoy a good night’s rest.
What are the effects of sleep deprivation?
- Energy store – Muscle glycogen synthesis.
- Immune defences - Sensibility to illness and infection.
- Muscle recovery – Protein synthesis.
- Central nervous system – Alters memory and motor learning.
List of steps for better sleep
- Keep a regular sleep schedule – Set up a regular bedtime and wakeup at the same time every day. Wake cycle is one of the most important strategies for achieving good sleep.
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine – Turnoff your television and avoid using tablet or cellular phone. Try to take a hot shower or warm bath before bedtime. Make sure to reserve your bed for sleeping.
- Eat and drink correctly – Stay away from big meals at night. Avoid drinking too many liquids in the evening. Avoid alcohol consumption.
- Make your bedroom more sleep friendly – Keep your room dark and cool and. Make sure that your bed is comfortable.
- Maintain your anxiety and stress levels – While sleeping close your eyes slowly and take deep breaths. Tense all your muscles as tightly as you can and then relax.