The waste created by an average household is recyclable to a large extent but due to people’s ignorance,it inevitably ends up in a landfill. Some of the most common waste that we produce in our day to day lives can actually be recycled and reused, like
- Paper waste: Books,newspapers,magazines and cardboard boxes
- Plastic waste: Polythene bags,waterbottles,plastic wrappers
- Glass waste: All the broken bottles,beer or wine bottle et cetera
- Aluminium waste: Cans of soda,tomato and other canned products
Anyone can collect these materials and send them to the recycling unit. It’s that easy. But since people still don’t feel the need for recycling, they brush it off. Well, to convince you how important it actually is to recycle household waste
let’s look at some of its benefits :
- Recycling conserves natural resources. Recycled paper means lesser number of trees cut. Recycled aluminum means less amount of mining.
- Recycling household waste helps protect the environment. Rather than burning or being left at the landfills,putting the materials into further use helps reduce air,water and soil pollution
- Domestic waste recycling helps save nonrenewable As producing new items from raw materials takes up a lot of energy,recycling can help the same products to be produced in a more energy efficient way,reducing the cost of the products as well.