Nicotine is an addictive substance present in the Tobacco and a smoker can consume 1mg- 2mg of nicotine from smoking one cigarette.
Reasons for smoking addiction among the young people:
- Exposure to smoking scenes in the movies.
- Exposure to advertisements related to tobacco.
- Usage of tobacco by siblings or close pals.
- Lack of parental support.
- Lack of skills to resist themselves from addictive use of cigarette.
- Common perception that smoking is normal among the youth.
- Low level academic achievements and aggressive behavior.
- The highest percentage of cigarette smoking is recorded among the individuals aged between 25 – 44 years and 9.3% of individuals with age above 65 years are addictive to smoking.
Cigarette smoking results in few dreadful diseases and the list is depicted in the below infographic:
- Bronchitis and cardiovascular diseases
- Low birth weight and heart strokes
- Cataract and hip fractures
- Peptic ulcers and Hip fractures
- Reports show that every year more than 8.6 million individuals in America suffer chronic disease that occurred due to smoking and passive smoking.
Know more about Anti-smoking Infographics