Time wasting- we are all guilty as charged for doing it. And not once or twice, we are likely to be wasting time every day in our lives. With the emergence of social media, the number of people glued to their phone screens is increasing each day. An average person will spend almost two hours a day on social media,which,upon adding up,takes out 5 years and 4 months out of their lives. And social media is just one of the distractions.
The point is, getting work done is becoming a bigger challenge day by day. So how to defeat the distractions and be productive?
Here are some tips to help you out :
- Take a second before clicking on that tantalizing Hollywood headline,that will eventually lead you to a pointless article,making no difference other than wasting some precious minutes off your day and filling your head with garbage.
- Be invisible in chat windows so that you aren’t obligated to reply
- Make a to-do-list for the next day before going to bed.When you know exactly how many tasks you have at hand, it will be a little harder to relax until you get them done
- Download productivity apps that freeze your phone past a scheduled usage limit. It will literally compel you to leave your phone alone and get to work
- Set smaller goals and reward yourself after a successful day