Google, a leading search engine has been ruling the internet from many years after its inception in the year 1996. It was founded by Sergey Brin and Larry Page, both were Ph.D students at Stanford University.
This powerful search engine is growing its empire and network over the web world through its chain of acquisitions from the time it has announced its first IPO (Initial Public Offering) in the year 2004.
Many of the Google’s innovations have come through acquiring various companies and it always looks out for the companies that develop applications for future prospects. While acquiring a company, it even considers the personalities of entrepreneurs and founders behind the company.
Let us have a look at the companies that have been a major contributor in Google’s Internet takeover and Blogger, Google plus, Google maps and Google docs are best examples that have gained popularity through its mergers.
- Android - Clever Sense, Agnilux, Zeta wire, Bufferbox, NK Software Inc, Motorola Mobility.
- Blogger – Pyra Labs, Genius Labs, TNC and Picasa.
- Google Maps – ZipDash, Quiksee, Image America, Endoxon and Zagat.
- Google Docs – Quickoffice, DocVerse, Zenter and AppJet.
Interesting facts about Google acquisitions:
- Google spent a record of $22 Billion on its total acquisition form the year 2001.
- Google has made a profit of $50 Billion in the year 2012.
- Till date, Google has acquired a total of 123 companies from which the most costly acquisition was Motorola Mobility for $12,500,000,000.