When we say “technology has taken over everything” we often don’t realize to what extent that statement is true. Only when we sit back tothink about it for amoment,we realize that truly almost all aspects of our lives is being somewhat dictated by technology, including the emotional front. Online dating is the prime example of that. People today seek romantic relationships through digital technology and social media apps, and why the hell not?Half of the world population is there.
In the last decade, the inclination of people who have access to technology towards online dating has increased rapidly,and just to give an idea about how frequent is the phenomenon of online dating,15% of the population of US uses online dating sites or mobile dating apps.
Interesting,right? Some other interesting facts about online dating include:
- Almost 32% of couples today in North America have met through online dating sites
- By 2040 that number is expected to rise to 70%
- 17% of the marriages that took place the last year in the USA are of couples met through anonline dating
- The website OkCupid alone is responsible for 30,000 first dates a day
- For every message a man receives, a woman receives 17.