In terms of land mass, Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world. Perhaps, Canada is the only country that often stays in international news due to various controversial issues, but most of the travelers visiting Canada will term it as the peaceful country and a best place to migrate to.
It’s quite astonishing to know that basket ball was invented by a Canadian named 'James Naismith'. There are many more surprising facts that make you staggered. Scroll down the infographic to get information about the most surprising things relevant to the Canada.
Few insane facts about Canada:
- The world’s first ever landing pad was crafted in the year 1967 in St. Paul, Alberta.
- From the total 25,000 polar bears existing in the world, more than 15,500 live in Canada.
- In Canada, a large part of population purchase macaroni and cheese from the grocery stores and over 77% of maple syrup supplied to the entire world is produced in Quebec.
- In Canada, loonies and toonies are used to refer the $1 and $2 coins.
- Of the total 24.9 million people in Canada, more than 9.5 million people speak French language.
- Among the people in Canada, 42% are Roman Catholic and 23% are Protestants.
- Every 1 in 5 people currently residing in Canada were born in other countries and over 42% of the population in Canada possesses a higher education qualification.
- Nearly 80.5% of households in Canada have an internet connection through which they reach the virtual world.