National Association of Realtors has rendered information on the green home features that recent buyers and home remodelers find it most appealing. Do you want to live in home of your choice, and do prefer to live in environmental friendly location.
If you aspire to live in an environmental friendly community and fix up amenities that focus on the energy efficiency then the following statistics is sufficient to justify your actions. Homebuyers and home remodelers preferences are stated below.
- 67% prefer homes with energy efficient appliances.
- 44 % of the homeowners want to live in environmental friendly community.
- 84 % of the homeowners/ home remodelers want control on heating and cooling costs.
- 67 % of the homeowners do want energy efficient lighting.
- 11 % of the homeowners want their homes equipped with solar panels.
- 47 % of the homeowners do desire for landscaping for energy conservation.
How Different Generations Are Engaging in Buying Homes?
You will find different generations engaging in buying homes and each generation does make some choice for a greener environment. In the age group between 36 and 50, 14 percent of the people want to buy home for the green and energy efficiency reasons. 9 percent of the people in the age group between 51 and 60 and 12 percent of those aged between 70 and 90 also prefer for the energy efficient reasons.
People who do introduce top interior remodeling project for the purpose of green/ energy efficiency reasons do upgrade insulation at 71 percent. At the same time, in the process of top exterior, home remodeling projects done for green and energy efficiency reasons are the replacement of windows with new vinyl or wood windows. Statistics do reveal that new vinyl or wood windows mark up to 47 percent.