This infographic looks into the not very well known syndrome known as Computer Vision Syndrome (also known as digital eye strain) with fewer than five adults ever hearing about it.
As we are spend more and more time staring at computer screens and mobiles phones many users are finding that their eyes feel dry and tired. Combined with other symptoms such as an aching neck pains, which is another result from staring at a screen for extended periods.
The following infographic clearly displays the causes, symptoms and solutions to overcoming this modern day obstacle.
The most common symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome are:
- Eye redness or irritation
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- Neck pain
- Back pain
The solution to overcoming the syndrome is to:
- Keep hydrated by drinking at least 1.2L of fluid per day
- Adjust screen resolution, contrast and brightness for ultimate eye comfort
- Increase the font size and modify browser settings to improve eye comfort
- Maintain a suitable viewing angle of no more than 35 degrees from any monitor
- Ensure you are sitting on a chair that provide support to improve posture
- Maintain a viewing distance of 50-1000cm