A slip and fall accident may be funny, but in certainty it's not funny. Slips and falls account for a many number of injuries to clients and workers every day. The causes of slip and fall accidents are different, beginning from damp or oily floors, mess and wreckage, to rough surfaces, improper tidiness, lack of risk recognition and in very minute number of cases deception. About 95 million people lost their working days are related to slips and falls. Most accidents occur in hotels, restaurants and public buildings. And however, slips and falls are the generally preventable accidents to arise at the workplace. fall accident Know the preventive measures to decrease the occurrence of slip and fall accidents at your business, as well as defend yourself in the occurrence of a claim:
- Conduct an everyday safety study to look for common culprit such as wet or greasy floors, loose mats, torn carpeting, bad lighting, clutter, cables or wires, and uneven floors.
- Keep all floors and path on a steady basis, using the recommended cleaning products. Fix all rough surfaces if possible by recoating or levelling the floor, or light up areas that cannot easily be levelled.
- Regularly inspect traffic areas of damages and traffic. Make sure that traffic areas are properly lit.
- Don’t stand on chairs tables and wheeled surfaces.
- Train your employees in slip and fall safety, and establish guidelines on how employees should report problems and respond to customer injuries or hazardous situations.
- Take care of your outdoor areas, including sidewalks and parking lots. Potholes, snow and ice all create potential problems.