Search engine marketing, or SEM, is one of the most effective ways to grow your business in an increasingly competitive marketplace. With millions of businesses out there all vying for the same eyeballs, it’s never been more important to advertise online, and search engine marketing is the most effective way to promote your products and grow your business. Creating a successful search engine marketing campaign can be challenging. Marketing for franchisers is a bit difficult because both franchisees and franchisors have different goals.
Needs of Franchisors and Franchisees
- Franchisors – To control the message, to protect the brand, to manage their web presence, appeal to multiple marketers, expand to more locations.
- Franchisees – To control their own offers, marketing and advertising facilities, control their own web presence, to show up locally on Google, yahoo and bang, to beat the compaction and maximize profit.
- A new franchise opens about every 8 minutes.
- About 50% of franchise owners have multiple locations.
- Franchising is a million 2.3$ industry.
- Franchising often increases during economic downturns because its seen as a safe point
- One out 6 jobs is within or related to franchise.
Reasons for Franchise Location Failure
- Too much competition.
- Bad physical location.
- Poor marketing or advertising.
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Poor management skills.
- Under capitalization on start-up.
The solution to making both sides happy is balancing the need to uphold brand standards of the franchisor with creating as much value as possible for franchisee. Finding this common ground is critical in providing innovative internet advertising online through SEO,PCC and web design which leads to increased sales.