The term strategic technology plan refers to some specific strategy planning that allows an organization to introspect their current position as well as anticipate their potential growth in future in terms of technology and infrastructure.
A strategic technology plan consists of these components :
- A mission vision statement that states the overall purpose of the organization
- A needs assessment,which means a systematic analyzing of the way things are now and the way that they should be. A needs assessment describes teaching and learning, integration of technology with requirements of the business, curricula and instruction,educator preparation and development, administration and support services, and infrastructure for technology.
- Objectives, both measurable and observable, are linked to the mission and vision statements. The objectives describe,in specific terms, the smaller goals that need to be accomplished in order to achieve the larger goal.
- Hardware, software, and facility resource requirement that enables staff development. Professional development is crucial in implementing technology into the entire system
- Instructional resource requirement and staff development plan is to make sure that the staff is provided with the necessary training and support in order to
- Itemized budget and rational, evaluation method, and funding