There are numerous ways that a motorcyclist can get accident. Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to die in an accident. Accidents are also frequently caused by lane splitting, which is where a motorcyclist drives between two lanes of traffic. Other common reasons for motorcycle accidents include highway defects, deprived weather conditions, poor visibility. Car and truck drivers often become involved in these crashes either because of road rage or because they failed to properly use turn signals.
Causes of Accidents
- 42% of all accidents occur due to car.
- 50% of accidents involve in speeding or due to drunk and driving.
- 25% of accidents involve due to fixed hazards on the road.
- 22% of accidents involve due to improper driving by people without license.
Safety Tips you need to take
- Remember to always wear a helmet while driving.
- Avoid driving in bad weather.
- Avoid lane splitting, this usually occurs when a motorcycle between two lanes, while cars are stopped or driving slowly.
- Beware of road hazards during night time.
- Do not tailgate.
- Don’t rush to reach your destination maintain a optimal speed while driving.