If you are thinking of adopting a vegan diet, here we tell you why it is the best thing to do. By going vegetarian, you can not only protect yourself from serious diseases and stay healthy, you also contribute to the environment in many ways.
Vegan diet helps in saving money, as the vegetarian options are cheaper than non-vegetarian products and you can avoid expensive medical bills.
But, if you are concerned about missing out on essential nutrients such as protein, iron, Vitamin D, Omega-3 fatty acids, this infographic lists out the alternative vegetarian food sources which will provide you with the necessary requirements.
- Protein can be found in many sources such as lentils, black beans, peanut butter, soy milk, etc.
- Many leafy green vegetables, almonds and fortified drinks are rich in calcium.
- Beans are good sources of iron. Vitamin C rich foods helps in better absorption of iron.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are an important requirement, but fish is not the only source. Flax seeds, flax oil, walnuts, etc are alternative sources.
- Sunlight is the best and free source of Vitamin D. It can also be obtained from fortified orange juice.