This particular article demonstrates some of the interesting and informative facts about the airports. People use airports to reach from one destination to another via the flights. Flights are used for both personal and business purposes.
Top busiest airports in the World as of 2010
Based on the passenger traffic as of the year 2010, the busiest airport in the world is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta international airport in the United States of America. Following two are Beijing Capital international airport in China and O’Hare international airport in Chicago, USA. Talking about the number of airports, United States of America has a total of 15, 079 airports which is the maximum in the world as revealed by a 2010 report.
Handy tips to make your flight a pleasurable experience
- In case, you have any seat preferences, you can check the airplane layout and reserve your seats. For more information, check out seatguru.com.
- Dress in layers so that you can adjust your clothing to the temperature inside the airlines.
- For the meal information, you can check out airlinemeals.net.
- You can bring noise cancellation earplugs to block out any type of unpleasant noise.
Gatwick airport is the first airport of the United Kingdom being recognized by Twitter for its excellent customer service. This is the UK’s second largest airport. It serves more than 200 destinations in 90 countries for about 32 million passengers per year on both short haul and long haul services.
Modified airport security guidelines
After the events in September 11, 2001, the airport security strategies changed drastically. As per the new screening standards, all sorts of knives were prohibited. Swiss Army knives and the nail clippers are also not allowed until they were considered as non-threatening. In November 2001, the Transportation Security Administration replaced all the private contracted companies to handle the screening at the US airports.
Tips to get through airport security faster
- Place items in an organized way in your carry-on bag.
- Keep the liquids and toiletries in separate plastic bags for easy access.
- If possible, avoid peak airport times.
Items you can’t take through the airport security
The items that are not allowed through the airport security are:
- Fireworks, firecrackers, noisemakers and party poppers etc.
- Any type of chemicals such as hair bleach, acids and alkalis, corrosive agents, poisons etc.
- Animals and plants.
- Any type of sports equipments.
Weird things found in airport security
Some of the weird things that have been extracted out of the passengers at different airports are a seal head, a bag of bones, plastic explosives, crocodiles, camel costume, pornography, snakes, stowaway cat, birds, monkeys and breast milk. For a hassle free airline travel, it is advised that you should learn and follow all the TSA guidelines carefully.