No matter how much we know about our body, we still seek answers to many questions. Human body is full of surprises. Here are ten incredible facts related to the human body which you did not know.
1. When men get hit in the groin, they experience pain in the abdomen. This is because the nerves and blood vessels are connected to the abdominal region.
2. You cannot possibly tickle yourself, as your brain anticipates the things that are going to happen and hence there is no surprise.
3. The white chunks which you can feel in your throat are tonsil stones made up of mucus, bacteria and dead cells that accumulate in the tonsil crypts.
4. You feel soreness in muscles after a strenuous workout because of microfractures in your muscle cells.
5. Most people breathe through one nostril at a time and switch to the other in a cyclical manner.
6. A human gut can contain as many as 100 trillion bacteria.
7. Tongue does not contain taste zones.
8. Eye discharge is made up of dust, skin cells, blood cells, etc that accumulates around the corners of eye.
9. When you breath cold air, mucus production increases causing it to come out of your nose.
10. Other senses that humans have apart from the five include pressure, itch, tension, etc.