Increasing the quality of air in your home can impact everything from your health to your bank account. Having an air filter with hospital grade filtering technology creates a much cleaner environment. Tuning up your air conditioner and switching to energy star rated heating equipment is also a small gold-mine of savings. Here are the few simple tips to go green
- Americans spend 87% of their lives indoors. Indoor air pollutants levels are up to 100 higher than outside air.
- HEPA air filters using hospitals grade filteration technology can remove up to 99.9% of the contaminants.
- 50% of illness is caused by either aggravated by polluted indoor air.
- Recycling one plastic bottle can conserve enough energy to light a 60W bulb for 6 hours.
- Turning down your thermostat just one degree can save 3%in heating energy.
- If the U.S can raise its recycling rate from 34.55to 75% it would like to remove 50 million cars from the road.
- Recycling 1 ton of papers saves 17 trees, 3.3 yards of land fill space, 7000 gallons of water.
- Upgrading your heating and a/c system can save up to 50% on energy bills.
- Adjusting water heater settings from down to 140 to 120 saves energy without sacrificing hot water.