Technology expenses are planned to rise in the future, and you might be surprised at some of the changes of technology in the classroom. Not only is technology assist students in their learning, but it also reform the ways education faculty work together, making communication faster and easier.
- Actual expenses per student range from $12,000 to $27,000 in metro areas.
- Chicago Public Schools spends about $40 million per year on technology.
- Schools in the U. S. spend a lot of money on education technology estimated of about $400 per student was spend per year.
- Public schools are spending 93% more than the median private school.
Growth of Technology
- One Illinois School District provides about 2,000 computer workstations for 3,100 students, and students can login to district computers from home to continue work they started at school.
- Students are taking notes on iPads and developing ideas for a game.
- In 10 year period, the percentage of schools with Internet access rise from 8% to 97%.
- 23% of all public school lecturers have an interactive whiteboard in their classroom and 4% have handheld devices.
- The ratio of students to computers in the classroom every day was 5.3 to 1.
- Professor reported they use computers in the classroom during instructional time often.
- 68% of students stated that their lecturer uses technology efficiently.
- 90% of teachers use their laptop or PC in the classroom.
- 71% of teachers said that apps are helpful for teaching.
- 64% of lecturers used tablets for educational websites.
- 60% of lecturers make use of educational e-books and textbooks.