Making a home healthier and greener doesn’t have to be expensive, or overwhelming. Just a few changes can improve the health of your home. Children are especially at risk from home health hazards because their bodies are still growing so their organs are more likely to be harmed. Some of these are easy fixes. Others challenge us to re-examine a lifetime of habits.
Make your home healthier just in few minutes.
- Few statistics says radon causes 20,000 lung cancer deaths each year. Radonis a naturally occurring radioactive gas that can cause lung cancer. You can't see or smell radon. Testing is the only way to know your level of exposure. Radon can have a big impact on indoor air quality.
- Make your home smoke free. Never let anyone to smoke in your or at home. These second-hand smoke effects.
- House dust aggravates It also contains more hazardous chemicals than you might think, including lead, fire retardants, pesticides, and other chemicals.
- Do a three minute clean sweep. Falls are leading cause of injury related deaths. Remove clothes, shoes and bags if you find on the way so you won’t fall off.
- The photoelectricalarms are highly effective at detecting smouldering fires and do provide adequate protection from flaming fires. Using smoke alarms reduce the risk of deaths to half.
- Keep emergency numbers such as poison control in or next to your phone(1-800-222-1222).