Mobile marketing is getting more attention these days. Profits from mobile advertising accounts for about 30% of whole ad spend. Despite of this growth, mobile ad spends still lag mobile time spend by customers. The technology and communication mediums innate in mobile devices offer marketers looking to reach customers on mobile, a wide variety of options for conveying the right message to the right customer at the right time. As digital marketers, our new edge is mobile and mobile marketing.
Few facts about mobile marketing
- 91% of smart phone users have their phone within reach 24/7.
- Americans spend 119 minutes a day on mobile devices.
- We check our phones every 6.5 minutes i.e. 150 times per daily.
- Mobile assisted grocery consumer buy 8% more.
- Home Depot’ssales from mobile are projected to exceed $650M by 2017
- 10% of all Starbuckstransactions are now done on a mobile device
- Mobile media spend for digital clients increased 400% from last year.
- Mobile marketing will generate $400 billion to US Economy by 2016.
Here are some key takeaways for mobile marketing
- As customers spend more time on their mobile devices, promotion campaign are following suit. Mobile ad spend continues to lag mobile time spent, providing an opportunity for creative marketers.
- Marketers should influence different mobile strategy depending on the size and demographics of the audience they want to reach and the type of message they want to send.
- Mobile messaging mainly SMS and email has the broad reach and highest acceptance among mobile users. Messaging apps, relative newcomers but gaining fast in fame, offer more inventive and attractive outreach options.
- In-app promotions can make high engagement rates, especially with video. Location-based apps offer extra data that can improve targeting capability.