We live in a wonderful world, full of life, colour and beauty, but in recent years your world has been devastated by hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and droughts. Climate change would destroy the world we are living. A scientist has predicted that within fifty years many parts of the world would be under water. We can prevent this if we all work together with a change in our few simple choices. There is still time to save our world.
Ten Simple Things that can change your Planet
- Use bicycles more often than cars or bikes. The bike is good for your health and for the environment. Drive less and live more.
- Reduce the amount of waste by being more resourceful with the things that you use. Follow the three R’s policy i.e reduce rescue and recycle.
- Save water. When it comes to conserving water, small adjustments shows a big impact. Use water wisely.
- Shop wisely. Try to buy less plastic products. Include paper covers in your shopping instead of plastic covers.
- Use energy efficient lights bulbs. This helps to reduce the greenhouse emission. Switch off the light when you leave the room. Save power with your bright ideas.
- Planting trees help our environment. Trees not only remove harmful chemicals from soil but also help to reduce global warming.
- Avoid sending chemicals into waterways. Some contaminants in these chemicals increase bacteria growth and oxygen consumption.
- Volunteer to educate others to know the importance of the use of natural resources.