Hurricane, typhoon, tornado whatever you call it, it is a circular wave of air which swirls with a speed of 118Km/Hr.
They are most devastating natural disasters, effecting thousands of people each year. During each hurricane season, innocent people are injured, property damaged and money is forever lost. Hurricanes damage in variety of ways, including strong winds, storm surges, flooding and tornadoes.
Hurricane is most common in the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean. Hence for countries around these oceans it’s must that they keep themselves and their property safe.
Here are some safe mechanisms to protect your home from hurricane and to stay safe:
- Secure doors with strong locks which can hold the fast moving air.
- Secure windows with plywood and shutters, it prevents the flying objects to puncture into homes
- Garage door should be fixed either ways with horizontal and vertical bolts.
- Build a safe room under the house to protect yourself.
- Keep the lawn clean from easily floatable objects which turn into debris later.
- Roof anchoring prevents the roof from opening up
- Have a Hurricane survival kit.