Even a small scale business or a company operating on large scale is often worried about the virus problems or hacking attacks. Essentially hackers make use of the malware to compromise the entire company server or target a trusted employee within the company and steal their personal credentials such as credit card info, banking data or any client’s information that could benefit the hackers.
In present days, hackers have become smarter and started compromising the accounts of high profile professionals of a specific company in order to gain access to the company’s corporate records. The infographic shows seven stages of a targeted attack and includes information about how to protect the organization from vulnerable hacking and malware attacks.
Guidelines to protect the organization from security attacks:
- Keep track of the sensitive data and craft new policies to protect the data.
- Train the employees to identify phishing emails and install software to restrict unwanted emails from reaching the employees.
- Try to detect compromises and suspicious user activities by identifying the compromised devices.
- Restrict the compromised users from accessing the sensitive applications and data available on the company server.
- Seek the help of IT professionals or security professionals to change the compromised passwords.
- Try to change the IP and rebuild various company devices that are hacked by the attackers.
- Leverage the forensics to enhance the company’s incident response process through which you can immediately act to various security attacks.