You may want to be a designer or an architect but there are 10 must-to-know facts that every person who finds it interesting to take it as a profession.
- You can find work in sectors like retail, commercial, hospitality, exhibition, stage, healthcare, and education.
- Interestingly, top ten design schools in the UK do nurture you with better skills and personality traits like Edinburgh Napier, KLC School of design, The University of Edinburgh, and Kingston University London.
- In these schools, you can do diploma in professional interior design, BA (Hons) Interior and Spatial Design, MA Interior Design, and MA Architectural Interior Design etc.,
- The salaries and hours of work for different positions like 1 year Post Grad (Junior)(25K), 6-10 year Post Grad (Senior)(50K), Associate(70K), and Design Director (100K).
- You can be entrusted with client presentation, visit factories and showrooms, site visits and project supervision, create mood boards, draw up projects using CAD, and project admin and budgeting.
- There are two career paths such as Interior designer, and interior architect.
- The interior designing in the UK is monitored, regularized, and chartered by many associations such as British Institute of Interior Design, Chartered Society of Designers, Design Council, and SBID.
- You can observe some of the award winning agencies, which have niche milestone at work and some of them are Candy & Candy, London, STUDIOILSE, LLI Design, CASA FORMA London, etc.
From this Infographic, it is evident that the interior designers need to maintain a high degree of professional standards and the information is picked up from dailyinfographic website authored by Tim.