Internet security has always been an issue and there is no assurance for the safety of data online. People using the internet for various purposes are aware of the threats and dangers that lurk around, but seem to care little about it.
Hacking and cracking happen all the time and yet no one is taking caution to be on the safe side. It has become so easy for the hackers to infiltrate even the most secure of the sites. It is not just the sites to be blamed for rampant internet crimes, but half the fault lies with the uses as well.
It is their responsibility to take appropriate measures to protect their data. Negligence can lead to great loss and irreparable damage. This infographic depicts the five ways in which people expose themselves to hackers.
1. Operating systems are assumed to be good and failure to update them on a regular basis increases the chances of attack.
2. Poor enforcement of access controls and no audits on admin access can leave you vulnerable for hacks and misuse.
3. Most people do not choose a secure enough password. Easily guessable passwords are another big reason for hacking.
4. Ignorance of the users about online behavior leaves them open to attacks.
5. Insecure storage of data and providing unauthorized access can result in data loss.