Cyber thieves are on the rise in this technology driven era. More and more identity thefts are being reported these days. Cyber criminals are coming up with new hacking techniques and making away with identities of unsuspecting individuals. This infographic depicts the facts about identity thefts.
- It can take months or even years to find about the identity theft issue.
- By the time the theft is discovered, millions of money belonging to several persons would have been lost.
- With the stolen identity, the perpetrators commit check account fraud, open a new credit account in the name of victim, purchase cell phones.
- Not all the victims report about the identity theft.
- Most victims faced trouble in clearing the negative information from their records.
- Albert Gonzalez stole 30 million credit and bank card numbers, causing a loss of over $200 million.
- Philip Cummings stole information from 15,000 consumers, causing $2.7 million loss.
‘if you enjoyed the infographic, please consider sharing it using the buttons on the left side!’