US is a car dominated country. People drive in cars nearly to every place, even if the trip is less than two miles. 20% of the family budget goes into transportation costs. What people do not realize is that, increased use of cars adds to their sedentary lifestyle. Decreased physical activity greatly increases the risk of deadly diseases. Research suggests that taking up biking instead of driving can result in positive health effects. This infographic reveals how the convenience of cars is ruining our health and how bikes are the best alternatives.
- 90% Americans prefer driving to work, whereas only 0.6% prefer riding bikes.
- In US, 31% of the population is obese.
- Riding bikes help you lose 13 pounds in a year.
- Bikes not only save money, they save parking space as well and are pollution free.
- Many lives would be saved if people use bikes for running at least half their errands.
- Health improves greatly with 30 minutes of cycling everyday and also results in reduced medical costs.
‘if you enjoyed the infographic, please consider sharing it using the buttons on the left side!’