When we think of Valentine’s day, immediately the picture of pretty red roses, heart-shaped box of delicious chocolates and Cupid holding a bow and arrow come to mind. It is the celebration and expression of love. Valentine’s day is popular in many places around the world.
People make elaborate plans for this special day of the year and show love and appreciation for their beloved in many ways. Gifts exchanged between loved ones reflect care and affection. Individuals make all kinds of efforts to make this romantic day go perfectly well.
This infographic presents 14 interesting facts about Valentine’s day.
- Origin of Valentine’s day celebration dates back to Roman culture, where it was celebrated as a commemoration to fertility.
- Flowers and gifts being highly significant on this day, could be grounds for break ups, if the boyfriend doesn't present them.
- More than 15% women are believed to send flowers to themselves on February 14th.
- Flowers are undoubtedly ideal gifts, but it would make a great difference for women, if men gave some thought about buying meaningful gifts.
- Many marriage proposals and marriages take place on this special day.
- The digital media has emerged as a new means of sending and receiving Valentine’s day messages in the modern era.